Saturday, February 2, 2008

Waiting on God

First, let me say I'm still new to this blogging stuff... I just found a bunch of 'comments' that some of you have sent. They weren't 'published' because I didn't know I where to find them and that I have to agree to 'publish' them. Sorry! And THANK YOU for your feedback. I love hearing from you!

We received a phone call from Visalia saying that they felt led to offer a contract to the other applicant. While it's a disappointment to be told 'no', we realize that it's still God's leading. And we don't want to be anywhere other than right where HE wants us. There are still some great churches out there that we are in contact with and we continue to talk with several of them.

My temptation to worry comes from living in this lousy Michigan economy, knowing that Chris's income will cease in about a month. Scary? Yes. Impossible for God? No! Both Chris and I appreciate all your prayers and emails of support. In the meantime, if you know of any work or temporary jobs... we are open.

So we continue to trust God and wait on his timing. In the middle of this, I'm thinking of Hannah's story found in I Samuel. My Bible study points out that God engaged Hannah and, by seeming to withhold her heart's desire, was really making her heart the reservoir of His own desire. God wanted a prophet. Hannah wanted a son. God, as always, is working according to a plan. He is not at a loss. When Hannah found herself in this apparently hopeless situation the truth was that God had a plan. Before Hannah began to pray, God was at work laying the groundwork for His prophet. While Hannah was praying, God was at work preparing her for the answer He had in mind. After Hannah was through pryaing, God was at work through His servant Samuel, the answer to Hannah's prayer. When we're finished, God is just beginning.

We choose to trust Him and follow His leading. (Thank you for continuing to pray with us!)

God bless your day!

No comments: