Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday, Monday...

I'm so thankful for a wise, Godly husband.
I had a rough weekend, where several 'things' piled up and my emotions took over. You know, living by feelings rather than by faith. Living in this state of transition, waiting to find the next job, the next church family, the next new community to live in... and wondering when it will all come together - it all gets overwhelming at times.
This morning as I faced a Monday of homeschooling I struggled. I was frustrated, the boys were agitated, everything was hard and nothing was very pleasant. I was in tears and the boys were arguing with one another. I found a prayer corner and cried out for God to help me see my way clear to overcome the emotions the whole family seemed to be going through. The answer came within minutes.
Chris came out to the kitchen table and sat with us. He prayed for us and we all joined in prayers of confession for the ways we've been reacting to one another. Then he talked with the family. He spoke with calmness and reason. He looked at the circustances of the morning and explained things truthfully and clearly. He added some great insights on our family's homeschooling experience. And then we closed in prayer.
What a huge relief to have a husband who brings wisdom and order to our family. Sometimes when husbands are out of work and spending lots of time at home, there are jokes about "getting them out of the house". Not from me! I'm so thankful to have Chris here right now to guide our ship through some rough waters. He always points us to Jesus.
And Jesus always speaks peace over the storm.

No comments: