Wednesday, January 23, 2008

More Snow!

It just makes me so happy to see all those big fluffy flakes falling from the sky! We've had such a wonderful weather pattern lately! Dumping snow upon snow into our world here in Holland! For years I'd only heard the national weathermen say something about "lake effect snows"... Now I know what that means and I get so excited to hear those words! I LOVE this snow. Chris and I don't have any official numbers but we figure we got at least ten inches... probably closer to twelve - just today! As I drove to grocery store today, I could see cars slipping and sliding and normally I get tense driving on icy roads. But today I just had this goofy smile while I drove through town. Mostly because the huge fluffy flakes gave me the sense that I was driving around in a snow globe! Ha! Later, I took Lucy for a "walk". I tried to keep her on the sidewalks, but she kept bounding into the foot-deep snow in people's yards... disappearing momentarily, then popping up with snow covering her nose to the mid-back! Leaping from snow to snow, having a ball! So funny!

(Laurie, you were the highlight of my week! Thanks for the visit today! Watermark's song, More Than You'll Ever Know just says so much about how I feel about you!)

I'm working on a great Bible Study by Jennifer Kennedy Dean called Live a Praying Life. I highly recommend it! It's changing my perspective on prayer. The title says so much... I no longer want to settle for having a prayer life - like it's a separate part of my world. I desire to live a praying life... a life in which connecting to Christ, Who lives in me, is just like breathing. It's a great book. Comes with a video set, but you can do the study easily without seeing the videos.


I'm going to go look outside one more time and see how much more snow we have now. Supposed to get four to seven more inches overnight! Yippee!

No comments: