Monday, August 11, 2008

Life goes on... Keep on singing!

Loving this weather! Mid-70's and cool (almost cold) nights! No A/C running, just windows wide open and fresh air flowing. We took a family hike up and down "millions" of stairs (over the dune) at Laketown Park on Saturday night. Wonderful weather. Flew a kite together and enjoyed the "stair climb".... (although two days later, I can barely climb or descend a single stair without pain!)
Tonight we're going to check out Hemlock Crossings park... said to be a level walk. "Ahhh!"

I'm keeping busy... Private Duty hours with Royal Care Home Services, 3:30 am paper routes with the boys, 1:00 am "stuffing" of Sunday inserts at the newspaper building, beach days with best friends, laying out the school year in lesson plans, prayer sessions with sisters in Christ, Daniel Bible Study on Thursday nights, special music at Forest Park, worship services at Woodhaven Reformed and 1st Jennison CRC, and other normal stuff like taking the van in for brakes and a 3-month check-up with my oncologist... Life goes on!

And it goes by quickly! God is faithful and God is GOOD! He is our provider and our peace, our wisdom and our refuge! I keep on singing because He is worthy!

From Sunday's solo at FPCC:
My life flows on in endless song above earth's lamentation.
I hear the sweet though far-off hymn that hails a new creation.
Through all the tumult and the strife I hear the music ringing.
It finds an echo in my soul... How can I keep from singing?

What though my joys and comforts die?
The Lord, my Savior liveth.
What though the darkness gather round?
Songs in the night He giveth.
No storm can shake my inmost calm while to the refuge clinging.
Since Christ is Lord of Heaven and Earth, how can I keep from singing?

I lift my eyes, the cloud grows thin; I see the blue above it.
And day by day this pathway smooths since first I learned to love it.
The peace of Christ makes fresh my heart, a fountain ever springing.
All things are mine since I am His... How can I keep from singing?
How can I keep from singing?!


Find your song and keep singing!

No comments: