Saturday, October 4, 2008

Need to move by October 15th...

God can do anything! We've been blessed to be living in the parsonage of our former church in Holland. They have been gracious and caring to allow us to live in this beautiful home.

Three weeks ago, Chris was offered the job in Jenison and officially started on Oct. 1. We began looking for homes as soon as he was offered the job and we knew what town to look in. Because his job in Jenison is temporary, we asked people at the church about the possibility of staying in the parsonage a little longer until we know for sure if the job will be permanent. While many Maranatha church friends acknowledge that the house "is not being used for anything", it is apparently a serious tax issue if they have someone living in it any longer.

We've been looking in Jenison and 'networking' with folks in the area to find something... Nothing as of today.

But there's always tomorrow! I'm going to start boxing things up and get ready for the next 'home' God takes us to. Please pray with us.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." His "grace is sufficient" for my need. I will "call unto" Him and He "will show me great and mighty things which I do not know." (Like where to find a home!) My "ear will hear a voice in it saying, "This is the way, walk in it."

God has been providing consistent part time work opportunities for me through the Sentinel (yes, I quit, but I've been 'subbing' routes for twice the pay) and Providence at Home (new name)- as a care giver.

Chris wrote a song, "Lord, I seek Your face" and the words are great....

Lord, I seek Your face and my heart desires to follow after You
Lord, I need Your grace to forgive my sins and turn my heart to You
And, Oh, when my life begins to crowd
You know that my vision starts to cloud
Even so, I can stand and shout aloud,
"I will depend on You."

Lord, I seek Your face and my heart desires to follow after You
Lord, I need Your grace to forget my past and turn my life to You
And, Oh, when my life begins to crowd
You know that my vision starts to cloud
Even so, I can stand and shout aloud,
"I will depend on You."

I am seeking His face and depending on Him.

1 comment:

BT Laurie said...

I'm praying.......I bet the melody to Chris' song is as beautiful as the words. We must get together soon!
Laurie