Friday, October 17, 2008

The view from my room...

I'm sitting at the computer, looking out the window at two acres of fields adjacent to our house... to the south, I think. For some strange reason, I'm having trouble getting my bearings on which way I'm facing at any given time. I'm usually so good with 'directions' - able to follow my nose to get anywhere I need to. A couple of mornings ago I woke up incredulous at how the sun could already be in the west so early in the day! DUH! I've got to get my bearings!

The Lord has graciously provided a farmhouse on five acres of land with 5 bedrooms and three bathrooms (with heated floors, I just noticed the other day! My toes love it!) Hardwood floors in all but two of the bedrooms (and the kitchen is linoleum).

Chris is getting acclimated to his new ministry position at 1st Jenison CRC. He is enjoy working alongside Terry Scholten - describing him as the perfect blend of Russ Carlson and Ron Story (for those of you who may know them): two pastors for whom he has high respect. He is working in three areas (listed by percentage of time): Worship, Outreach and Youth Advising. Many hats, but the pastor is supportive and gives great counsel and ideas - helping Chris to strategize and prioritize.

As Chris settles in at the church, the boys and I have been settling into our house, day, by day, little by little, box by box. I am so thankful for their strength and help in moving things around, lifting boxes, etc! They are great! (We'll be back to school work this coming week.) In case you're wondering... Lucy, the beagle is getting used to her new home, too. She's a little freaked out about all the wood floors and has developed a tentative style of stepping gingerly across the hard wood floors. She'll jump from braided rug to braided rug around the house.

Today I will need to call the propane company, Consumer's energy, go the hardware store to get some items to protect the floors from furniture... that kind of 'stuff'.
We've got trash pickup set, our phones and internet are functioning. I need to find the cell phone chargers... Anyway! God is so good and His ways are perfect.

Who is like our God? There is none like our God! His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. His glory is displayed in the heavens (and here on earth in the gorgeous autumn colors!). Come and exalt the Lord with me!

No comments: