Thursday, December 13, 2007

Welcome to our blog! We are a family in transition, living in temporary housing, awaiting the end of Chris's job (at the end of December), sending out resumes and trusting God to show us the next step.

This year, Christmas will be different from 2006!

With a diagnosis of uterine cancer in early December, I was in surgery by December 12th and spent last Christmas season recuperating. My wonderful husband, sons and father-in-law all surrounded me with comfort and help. Friends pitched in and helped with shopping, wrapping and brought so many meals! Our family was so blessed by all the LOVE poured out on us.

I had my one-year check up with my oncologist this week. The ct scan and tests were all clear! With a big smile, the Dr. shook my hand and said, "Everything looks great!"

What do you do when you get that kind of good news? I felt the God of the universe cup my face in His almighty hands and with my face lifted toward heaven He said to me, "You are my daughter and I love you. Trust me with your life."

"I will, Abba. I will"

So, the celebrating has begun! We returned to our favorite tree farm and cut our own tree this year - haven't done that for about three years. Packed up the dog, brought the hot chocolate - and Jonothon actually cut the tree this year! The passing of the saw! Shopping is done and most of the presents are wrapped (and hidden). I've made molasses cookies, eggnog cookies, and some mint fudge. We've watched The Santa Clause, The Santa Clause 3, Rudolf - and I carved out some time for Sense and Sensibilty by myself. I even had some of those photo Christmas cards made at WalMart! Can't remember when I last sent out Christmas cards.

So "Merry Christmas!" Enjoy the season!

2 comments:

Dawn Snuffer said...

hey friends-Blogging-COOL! You must have alot of time on your hands!!! Praising God for your fabulous test results-Our God is soooo good! Hope to see you during the Christmas break! Dawn

Maria the Great said...

welcome to the blogging world. you look fabulous! excited to see the monteiro family online and on the move.