Saturday, March 15, 2008

With God nothing is impossible!

That verse from Matthew is this week's BSF memory verse for the boys. How appropriate! We have reached the end of our severence package and the future is still unclear. With God nothing is impossible. "Thanks for the reminder, Lord!"

Last weekend I was invited to go to a prayer conference with a friend. It was practical and worshipful. Just what I needed to remind me of our great God who is worthy of our time and worship just because of Who He is. The fact that He does so much for us is truly a blessing. But even if we have to go without or have to struggle a bit, HE is still worthy of our worship. "Thank you for the time spent in Your presence, Lord!"

I had an interview this week and was their first choice, but after a long conversation, they didn't hire me because of our 'tentative' situation - we may need to move out of state soon. So I didn't get the job - but it's nice to know that I can still interview well and my resume is apparently not so shabby after being out of the secretarial 'work force' for about twelve years. So I was encouraged even though I didn't get the job. "Thanks for the encouragement, Lord!"

A dear friend called today to check up on how we're doing. She's two thousand miles away, but I felt the hug right through the telephone line! "Thanks for Jan's care, Lord!"

She also sent us a check earlier this month as she felt the Lord prompting her. A friend in Holland told Chris that he will help us monthly either to cover our medical insurance payment or to help with bills - which ever we need the most. "Thanks for providing this help, Lord!"

As we talked today at lunch, we had to plan our cash to cover gas or groceries for this upcoming week. I'm getting good at being creative with food... and the boys are patient. The phone rang and Chris was asked to run the sound for a funeral at our old church this week. The funeral home will pay him.... grocery money! "You are faithful to provide for every need, Lord!"

It's the encouragement I needed. God is good and NOTHING is impossible for him!

No comments: